Subject: ANNOUNCE: 2.2.6 RELEASE now available from ftp.freebsd.org (and some mirrors)

From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:28:01 -0800

As always, it's my great pleasure to announce the release of FreeBSD 2.2.6,
our latest release on the 2.2-stable branch and the result of over 4 months
of work since 2.2.5 was released. See the release notes for a list of
significant changes since the previous release.

FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE is available on ftp.freebsd.org and various FTP mirror
sites throughout the world. It can also be ordered on CD from Walnut Creek
CDROM, from where it will be shipping shortly as a 4 CD set containing a lot
of extra stuff of interest to the programmer and general user alike.

The official FTP distribution site for FreeBSD is:

     ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD

Or via the WEB page at:

     http://www.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD

And on CD-ROM from Walnut Creek CDROM:

     Walnut Creek CDROM
     4041 Pike Lane, #F
     Concord CA, 94520 USA
     Phone: +1 925 674-0783
     Fax: +1 925 674-0821
     Tech Support: +1 925 603-1234
     Email: [email-masked]
     WWW: http://www.cdrom.com/

Additionally, FreeBSD is available via anonymous FTP from mirror sites in
Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia,
Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Korea, the
Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Taiwan,
Thailand and the UK (among other countries :). Please check your regional
mirrors first by going to:

     ftp://ftp.<yourdomain>.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

The latest versions of export-restricted code for FreeBSD (2.0C or later)
(eBones and secure) are also being made available at the following
locations. If you are outside the U.S. or Canada, please get secure (DES)
and eBones (Kerberos) from one of the following foreign distribution sites:

South Africa

     ftp://ftp.internat.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
     ftp://ftp2.internat.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD

Brazil

     ftp://ftp.br.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD

Finland

     ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/unix/FreeBSD/eurocrypt

This is the moderated mailing list freebsd-announce.
The list contains announcements of new FreeBSD capabilities,
important events and project milestones.
See also the FreeBSD Web pages at http://www.freebsd.org

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [email-masked]
with "unsubscribe freebsd-announce" in the body of the message