Subject: [FreeBSD-users-jp 10781] ["Jordan K. Hubbard": FreeBSD 2.2-RELEASE is now available from ftp.freebsd.org]

From: Takaaki Nomura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 04:08:37 +0900

�쑺���c��ł��B

�捏�䏳�m�̒ʂ�A2.2-RELEASE ���o�܂����B

------- Forwarded Message

To: [email-masked]
Subject: FreeBSD 2.2-RELEASE is now available from ftp.freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 08:50:28 -0800
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
X-Loop: FreeBSD.org
Precedence: bulk

It is my great pleasure to announce the release of FreeBSD 2.2, the
long-awaited first release of our 2.2 branch technology following
lengthy ALPHA, BETA and GAMMA testing cycles.

FreeBSD 2.2-RELEASE is now available on ftp.freebsd.org and various
FTP mirror sites throughout the world.  It can also be ordered on CD
from Walnut Creek CDROM, from where it will be shipping shortly.

FreeBSD 2.2 represents a rather large leap in functionality from the
2.1.x releases, everyone being is strongly encouraged to read the
release notes below for a list of new features.

The official sources for FreeBSD are available via anonymous FTP from:

	ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD

Or via the WEB at:

	http://www.freebsd.org/releases/index.html

And on CD-ROM from Walnut Creek CDROM:

     Walnut Creek CDROM
     4041 Pike Lane, #D
     Concord CA, 94520 USA
     Phone: +1 510 674-0783
     Fax: +1 510 674-0821
     Tech Support: +1 510 603-1234
     Email: [email-masked]
     WWW: http://www.cdrom.com/

Additionally, FreeBSD is available via anonymous FTP from the
following mirror sites. If you choose to obtain FreeBSD via FTP,
please try to use the site nearest you:

(����)

Japan

     In case of problems, please contact the hostmaster for this domain.

         ftp://ftp.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp2.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp3.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp4.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp5.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp6.jp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD

(����)

USA

     In case of problems, please contact the hostmaster for this domain.

         ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp2.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp3.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp4.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp5.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp6.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD

UK

     In case of problems, please contact the hostmaster for this domain.

         ftp://ftp.uk.FreeBSD.ORG/packages/unix/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp2.uk.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/walnut.creek/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp3.uk.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/unix/FreeBSD

The latest versions of export-restricted code for FreeBSD (2.0C or
later) (eBones and secure) are being made available at the following
locations. If you are outside the U.S. or Canada, please get secure
(DES) and eBones (Kerberos) from one of the following foreign
distribution sites:

South Africa

         ftp://ftp.internat.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD
         ftp://ftp2.internat.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD

Brazil

         ftp://ftp.br.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD

Finland

         ftp://nic.funet.fi/pub/unix/FreeBSD/eurocrypt
         Contact: [email-masked].

More information about this release:

                                 RELEASE NOTES
                              FreeBSD 2.2-RELEASE

(�ȉ��A�ȗ�)

------- End of Forwarded Message